Monday, January 22, 2007


The following post is a list I wrote down at about 6 months out. I was trying to look for some possitives and made this list of "Things I've Learned"- nothing to profound.

"I can't speak for the rest of you, but I feel like a different person. I'm not afraid of death or injury anymore.I'm not afraid of failing or looking stupid. I don't take my career goals, money or my possessions as seriously, and I don't take the people I love for granted." - Tamsen

THINGS I’VE LEARNED
(6 MONTHS)
"Survived by" means I have to work at surviving
A king sized bed is really big for one person
A lot of other people miss her too
Distractions and busyness are a good thing
Doctors are often clueless
Dust happens
Good friends really do care how you are doing
I don’t fit very well in a PT Cruiser
I need to accept help
I still cry on Mom’s shoulder when it hurts
I would rather be married than single
I’m glad the kids are home yet
I’m not accustomed to making big decisions by myself
I’m not as young as I thought I was
I’m not so great at ironing shirts
I'm wearing more mismatched socks than ever before
It is possible to keep your marriage vows
Life (or at least time) goes on
Life is precious
Life is shorter than we realize
Meal preparation is not one of my strengths
My ability to tolerate frustration is greatly reduced
My comfort zone was blown apart
My kids still need me
My wedding ring will have to come off some day
Never take life or tomorrow for granted
One can survive the big firsts alone, but it's tough
Our church is amazingly supportive
Single parenting is more difficult
Tears have lessened maybe, but haven't stopped
The bills keep coming
The electric blanket needs to be turned higher when you’re the only one in bed
There are lots of things around the house I don’t know what to do with
There are more “young widows” than one would think
There was only one Carol and she was the best
We can still enjoy times of laughter and levity

It wouls be great if you would share things that you've learned as a result of a loved one passing away.

No comments: