Wednesday, March 07, 2007

10 Months Today
Today marks 10 months since my worst nightmare came to be. It certainly does not seem like it could be that long. But when I look back and remember some of the markers in this time I know it has been that long. I remember the visitation and funeral, I remember the Children's Ministry Lunch at church that her friends put on in her honor. I remember moving Amy back home after finishing the year in Mishawaka. I remember Memorial Day up north when my Uncle Fred was honored at the ceremony at the Norwood Cemetery. I remember seeing Uncle Johnny days before he died and asking him to tell Carol how much we all miss her when he would soon see her in heaven. I remember going ahead with the vacation we had planned together but now with the four of us and missing her every minute of it. I remember the back to back days of our anniversary and my birthday in August. I remember her birhtday in January. I remember all the other firsts, all the holidays alone, especially New Years Eve and Valentine's Day. I look back and remember the six monthly Young Widowed Support Group meetings I've attended after I finally got up the courage to go the first time. I remember some 300 mornings waking up alone. I remember countless meals and prayers and expressions of love that were sent in our direction. When I think of all these things and more, I know it's been ten months.
Seems like ten years!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.