Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Once again I have failed to send out a single Christmas card (yet). But if I had, the following would be my info letter.....

Christmas 2007

Dear Friends and Family

It is my prayer that this letter finds you well and enjoying this advent season. This time of year is always exciting as we again focus on God coming down to humankind in the form of His Son.

With nearly all of 2007 now in the rear view mirror, I can look back and say that God is good. For me, 2007 was a ton better that 2006 turned out to be. As I look back I can see the hand of God working at putting my life and the lives of my children back on a positive path. Thank you for the ways that you have supported the kids and me in the last several months.

Following is a little recap of our year:
In April/May I had the opportunity to serve God in Liberia, West Africa. I traveled there with a group of men to work on a new building for the Kingdom Foundation Institute. It was an amazing experience that really softened my heart to the struggles of the good people of Liberia. Shortly after returning from that trip God blessed me with the gift of a relationship with Lisa Van Harn. We had met sometime earlier at a widowed person support group and over the summer our relationship grew into something very special. In late November I asked her if she would become my wife and amazingly enough she said yes! We are both very thankful for the opportunity to love, and be loved, again in our lives. Our wedding is planned for February of 2008.

After moving back home and living with Dad for a time, Amy bought a house this past summer. She received possession of it in late August. After that she and I and a host of kind volunteers completely renovated it. She was able to move into it in November. Amy is still working fulltime for Hillside Community Church as the Children’s Ministry Director. Her gifts of music and creativity continue to amaze me.

Love is truly in the air. My middle daughter, Sara, is also engaged. She and her fiancé, Josh Campbell, are planning a June wedding. Sara is in her final year of nursing school and is looking forward to being finished with that phase of her life. She continues to have a gentle nature and a heart for missions. Sara works for Spectrum hospitals and continues to work at the A/V dept. at Calvin College.

Matt is a film nut, (or pretty much just a nut). He is attending Compass Film Academy. Compass is a film trade school where students learn all aspects of making films, story telling, direction, and etc., all from a Christian perspective. He is enjoying it very much and is working very hard at it. In his “spare time” he is working at three part time jobs to try to keep up with his expenses.

We all wish you, our friends, a very special holiday season. Remember to let your loved ones know how special they are to you.

Best wishes for a GREAT 2008!

Fred Vail


No comments: