Sunday, December 10, 2006

Following is a post on a bulletin board web site that I am a member of that expresses some of the pain associated with lossing a spouse. It was written by some one named Sabrina.

"Dear God,
My name is Sabrina. I am sure you have heard of me. I am the woman on earth left with 2 children to raise by myself…alone. You see, a wee bit over 6 months ago, my husband came to live with you for eternity. His name is Chris & I do miss him a lot. He was killed in a car accident in Salisbury, North Carolina on May 3, 2006. He was a very special man as you may already know since you had a reason for taking him to be with you. He was very a very loving, caring, giving man. Great father & husband. Couldn’t have asked for anything better. I guess you already knew all those things though because you sent him to me to begin with. I am really going crazy here on Earth. My heart aches for him every single second of every single day!!! I don’t know how I am going to do this by myself. I really need him here. I love him so much & I know he loves me. The stress is really playing a toll on me. I don’t know how to manage all of this. He was my everything. My life has been turned upside down without him. I need him back real bad. I need him to hold me, touch me, kiss me, talk to me, look at me, hug our children, tell me it’s all a dream. I need my sanity back. He is the reason I am the person I am today. He has always been by my side thru thick & thin. He gave me so much in my life & now it’s all gone. All except these two beautiful children. They miss their daddy real bad too. Heather will not have him to walk her down the isle when she gets married, monitor her boyfriends, teach her how to drive, tell her not to dress so skimpy, show her how to be a tom-boy. Austin will not be taught how to hunt, how to fish, what football team is best, how to work on his own car, how to drive, how to ask a girl on a date. Of course the list goes on & on. You see, God, we really are missing out on a lot. I sure could use him back. I know he has been busy working with you these last few months. I’m not really sure what he’s doing, but I sure could use him back. He has been a good man & didn’t deserve to be taken away from us. Neither did we deserve to have him taken away. He has been a great blessing to our family. We miss him so much. So, my question is could you spare him to come back. I would greatly appreciate your help. It would mean so much to me to have him back. I would never take him or life for granted again. I would spend every single moment possible with him. I would tell him I love him more often. I would be more patient with my children as I wouldn’t be under as much stress. I’m sure he’s doing a fine job up there in heaven but don’t you think you have enough souls already? Couldn’t you just spare this one? If there is something I need to do to get him back, PLEASE let me know. I would do anything in my power to get him back. I think he is needed here really bad…there’s so much unfinished life to live. I’m sure he would love to be here too. Thank you so much for your time & consideration of my letter. I’m sure you will see that I would be very happy if I had Chris back. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I would answer anything or do anything to have him back in my arms again.Yours truly---Sabrina"

Amen

No comments: