Monday, June 25, 2007



Proud Papa

In the nearly twenty-nine years that Carol and I were married we were blessed with three beautiful babies. I believe that there is no greater joy that can come to a couples life that the birth of a child, the personification of their love. Our children have always been the focal point of our lives and the memories of their years are far more precious than gold.
These beautiful, precious babies that God entrusted to us are now emerging adults. They remain gifts from God to me. They are indeed temples of Christ, created in God’s image. In the past year+ they have been by my side steadfastly. We have continued to be a family. I believe the saying “home is where the Mom is” to be true but with the help and support of Amy, Sara and Matt, our house has remained a home. They have been responsible for bringing laughter, joy, friends, entertainment, drama and many other positive elements into my life this past year. They, each, have helped make healing possible for each other and me.
They are each so wonderfully talented. Amy has the gifts of music, organization, generosity, wisdom and more. Sara has gifts in music, wisdom, compassion, thoughtfulness and more. Matt is gifted in music, athletics, humor, intelligence and more. Perhaps you noticed the common thread of musical gifts. That’s a legacy from their mother. Music was, and still is, a very integral part of our lives.
Why am I writing about this now?
This past weekend I had the opportunity of seeing both the Friday and Saturday performance of the Caledonia Community Players production of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. I must say I am beaming with pride. Amy and Matt were both essential performers in this production.
This is the fourth musical Amy has done with CCP. She accompanies all the vocal rehearsals and the performances on the piano. Her commitment to hours and hours of practice is amazing. As always she did an amazing job. BRAVO AMY!
After auditioning for his first show with CCP, Matt was given the role of the Beast. I believe that to be quite an accomplishment for his first step into Community Theater. He has worked very hard at being prepared. Singing, dancing, acting, flying, kissing, are a few of the talents needed for this role. He did a great job. BRAVO MATT!
How I wish with all my heart that Carol would be here to see her children grow. How I wish she could see them using their talents and spreading their wings and becoming the persons God created them to be. She would be the proudest Mama in the world, as I am the proudest Papa!



1 comment:

Marsha said...

I beleive Carol shares in your joy and pride. Congrats--it must have been awesome to see your kids so very successful.
Bravo!!
Marsha