Thursday, June 07, 2007

Who Am I

It’s been thirteen months
-since Carol was led to glory
-since our children became Motherless
-since I became a widower

Sometimes I feel like an old man
-lonely
-remembering better times
-longing for Heaven

Sometimes I feel like a young man
-plenty of life ahead
-excited for the future
-longing for companionship

Mostly I don’t feel like a middle aged man
-self-confident
-secure
-content

Who am I



In the musical Les Miserables, the character Jean Valjean asks the question “Who am I?”
These words are from that song:
“My soul belongs to God, I know
I made that bargain long ago
He gave me hope when hope was gone
He gave me strength to journey on”

This I know, I will trust God for what I don't know.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Les Mis is one of my favorites----I have seen it in French and in English and both are quite moving. Finding who we are along this new journey is sometimes difficult. There are times I am very sure and recongnize myself, but at other times I am a stranger to myself. What I know for sure is that God still knows me and who I am in Him has never changed.
Blessings,
Marsha