Monday, November 12, 2007

TRANSITIONS

I love weekends. I don’t want to say that I’m the type of person that lives for the next weekend, but I might be close. This past weekend was one that I both looked forward to with anticipation and in many ways was dreading. This past weekend was eventful. It was a weekend of more transition for our family.

In August, my oldest daughter Amy, took the big step and bought a house. The house was a trashed out repo and was a stinking mess (literally). She was able to “buy it right”. In the last three months she and I, along with many other kind volunteers, have worked very hard to restore this house to something that is inhabitable. She moved in this past Saturday! Amy and I sat down once and calculated that there have been approx. 450 to 500 man/woman hours put into this project so far! It turned out great! It was a pleasure working along side her on this project. She is thrilled and excited to be a new home owner. The sad part is that now she has moved out of “dad’s” house.

After moving Amy on Saturday, later in the evening I was chilling at home watching a movie with Lisa and Matt when my middle daughter, Sara, came home with an engagement ring on her left hand!! Wow – transitions!! I am very happy for her and Josh and obviously wish them all the happiness possible. I knew this engagement was looking more and more likely so it was not a total suprise but it is still very exciting and am thrilled for Sara.

I am extremely proud of both girls. They have continued to live and thrive. They have continued to make wise choices. I know they miss their Mother. I know Carol would be absolutely thrilled for both of them right now...

As we live our lives, seeking God’s will for them, things continue to change. God has blessed me/us with many new experiences and relationships. I am glad to see the kids “move forward” in their lives because, in a sense, that makes it more possible for me to do the same.

God continues to bless!

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Amen, my friend---Amen
Marsha