Monday, November 20, 2006

You can shed tears that she is gone
Or you can smile because she has lived.
unknown

MISSING HER
(09-2006, 4 ½ months)

Some say
“don’t dwell in the past, look back but don’t linger there”
Some say
“it’s good to look back and
remember everything your loved one meant to you”
Well, she meant so much to me that I cannot look back without
much “lingering”.

I miss her presence:
…her smile
…her hugs
…her good nature
…her encouragement
…her voice
…her laughter
…teasing and getting teased
…her touch
…the respect of all who knew her
…growing old(er) together
I miss her presence.

I miss her around home:
…goodbye kisses each morning
…welcome home kisses each night
…selflessly serving her family
…her cooking
…walks in the neighborhood
…talks we would have
…Friday night dates
…Saturday morning sleeping in
…her gardening
I miss her around home.

I miss her gifts.
…music
…organization
…wisdom
…compassion
…parenting
…generosity
…capability
…leadership
…Gal. 5:22-23 (she had them all)
I miss her gifts.

I miss times away together:
…vacations
…bed and breakfasts
…waking up in each others arms
…visiting lighthouses
…walks on the beach
…long drives
…bike rides
…watching movies
…visiting folks
I miss times away together.


Words cannot describe the person she was so forgive as I’ve only scratched the surface.
I can experience nothing new with her
And learn nothing new about her or from her.
I can only try to remember the beautiful person she was.
I pray, Lord help me always remember.

No comments: