Thursday, November 30, 2006


"They told me one day I would go twenty-four hours without thinking of my loss. I told them they were crazy.” Barbara Baumgardner

YOU (6 MONTHS)

You were the one God brought into my life
You were so sweet and gentle
You were beautiful then and always
You were the best wife I could have dreamed of
You were my best friend for 29 years

You stood beside me through everything
You loved and supported me when I lost my job
You never attacked me
You were so proud of me that I could “fix anything”
You wanted me to be happy

You were a fantastic mother to our children
You loved them unconditionally
You taught them how to love
You left them a legacy of music
You modeled a servant heart to us all

You made our house a home
You made birthdays and holidays special
You made family vacation so much fun
You enjoyed laughter
Your beautiful smile came so easily

You loved God with all your heart
You loved your church
You loved your job and co-workers
You loved children and gave so much of your life to them
You touched so many lives young and old

You helped me so much with my parents
You happily made so many trips north
You helped pack and move Mom and Dad when the time came
You were there to support me when Dad died
You died two months later

Now we have only memories of you
Now nearly every night I dream of you
Now I wish I could hold you
Now life is so lonely without you
Now I’m waiting to again be with you

"Weep freely; share your anguish, your deep concern, but always with the joyful assurance that Jesus is with you. The Prince of Peace is with you” Dr. Bill Bright.

No comments: